We can't cope with everyday situations in our life without such a great help as a car. Your own transport allows you to choose time and ways of driving and makes your choices independent on many occasions. There are a lot of people who say that the car is too expensive to possess, but as you get all those advantages price doesn't matter anymore.
These are the reasons why a lot of us tend to learning how to drive. We want to learn quickly enough to have all the skills needed in different situations. It's apparent that driving license represents only your legal possibility to drive, but your confidence and skills are up to you to create them. There are some tricks in the learning which can be useful for every starter.
The process of practicing before the driving test
You can choose how to learn driving by yourself. There are some institutions which can teach you, there are some relatives and friends who can help you with practice. Anyway, don't forget that you must have a temporary driver's permit to drive a car on the roads. And one more thing - don't drive alone in the car with that permit. Some person with a normal driving license must be around to help and teach you some things.
To get that permit you only have to pass a simple theoretical test in driving rules and in some states go through a lection about drugs and alcohol. With a temporary permit you can drive up to 2, 3 or 6 months (depending on the state). If you feel like you are able to pass the final driving test, just go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and do that. But before you close this article and run to get your driving license think about next things:
- your success on the test will depend on your confidence and skills;
- better not to try passing the test without good practice;
- study the laws of your state which are connected to driving license;
- don't try to pass the test too early - have some practice and learn;
- inspector on the test will ask you to park correctly and do some other things, so you'd better remember the rules;
- after getting a driving license use all your knowledge and skills which you got by learning.
There are a huge amount of accidents in the US every day, and loads of them are made by faults of starters. You may drive from 16 years in our country but you also should understand all the responsibility you take going to the road. Take your time now, when you're learning and make it impossible to fail in some really dangerous situations.
Lots of starters begin driving without a permit. Count and think how many problems you will have for those actions. It's better to take a car to some desert territory and make your first steps there. Learn the rules first, and then start practicing with your temporary permit.
The main parts of learning process for starters in driving
In most cases your first teacher will be a person with enough experience in driving. Such teacher can easily give precious advice and show some great things on the road. But don't forget that all drivers have some exact style of steering a car. There are huge amount of habits and driving styles, so don't copy all the things you'll be shown.
Professional instructors distinguish some steps in learning how to drive. If a person wishes to drive carefully and safely, there is a need to go through all the steps. In other way one will surely have some problems with real driving experience. These steps are the next:
- working with the process of sitting to the driver's seat, making all the settings of steering wheel and the seat comfortable and making a habit of wearing seatbelt;
- correct engine start with keeping all demands from car producer, allowing computer to check all car's functions;
- working with hand brake (all starters forget about it and start driving with hand brake turned on - that makes it unpleasant for brake shoes);
- pedal operations - this depends on the type of your car and sets different tasks for automatic or manual gearbox;
- gears shifting - also depends on type of gearbox;
- starting the drive - in this step it's very important to get your car going without harm for an engine;
- driving and steering with completing all the tasks needed.
All these skills one can learn in some place without other cars and traffic. There should be some ground where you can find enough place and work with your skills in driving before getting to the road loaded with other transport. It's also useful to take some plastic things to build imaginary garages, parking places and small streets for working with your steering skills. With the help of such practice you will get all your skills on the needed level.
For instance, you may build a parking place which is as narrow as your car is plus some feet for fitting. It will help you to find some efficient ways of using glasses, parktronic and other technologies and park your car in a busy city. Make it in different ways, park in reverse and forward, make it form a turn and so on. The more you are practicing, the easier it will be to drive afterwards.
There is a huge amount of useful exercises and ideas for training and learning. And that's one of the most efficient ways of starting the process. But don't go to busy roads until you have enough skills and confidence, because it's exactly the starters who make lots of dangerous situations for themselves and for others. You will only get some fears about driving and ruin your confidence in that way.
Learn the rules, pass a theoretical written test and get a permit. That will make your practicing on the city roads legal. As soon as you are experienced enough, pass a driving test and get your driving license.